Description de l'offre
Technical Director Ghalam (JV in Kazakhstan) (m/f)
Airbus Defence & Space Toulouse
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description du poste / stage
A vacancy for a Technical Director (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Astana (JV in Kazakhstan). As the successful applicant you will join the Ghalam JV organisation (TSMA).
Within this environment, your responsibilities will be:
- To be responsible for the projects and to approve their deliveries,
- To run the manufacturing workshops already certified (SKTB) and the contracts received,
- To finalize workshops under development inside Ghalam (SKTB),
- To run the Assembly Integration Tests centre under development inside Ghalam (SBIK),
- To lead the engineering, quality and Information Technology teams in Ghalam and to establish and maintain all Ghalam engineering, quality and IT processes,
- To prepare and execute the development of future satellites under the JV leadership,
- To be the Technical Authority for Ghalam,
- To be accountable for the quality of Ghalam deliveries,
- To be member of Ghalam Management Board and as such, participate in any major decision,
- To prepare the necessary documents and to participate in the Supervisory Boards,
- To report progress and issues to Airbus DS.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tâches et missions principales, responsabilités
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
1. To be responsible for the projects and to approve their deliveries:
- Manage the program teams (recruitment, objectives, evolution…).
- Approve the deliveries from the program teams.
2.To run the manufacturing workshops already certified inside Ghalam (SKTB) and the contracts received:
- Ensure the operation of manufacturing workshops.
- Set up the maintenance plan for the facilities.
- Ensure that the contracts received for manufacturing are executed On Quality On Time On Cost.
3.To finalize workshops under development inside Ghalam (SKTB):
- Ensure all activities up to the certification of these workshops (Precision Mechanics and electronic workshops).
4.To run the Assembly Integration Tests centre under development inside Ghalam (SBIK):
- Manage the SBIK installation contract, together with the SBIK Manager.
- Ensure the operation of the SBIK after installation and acceptance testing of the Test Facility Equipment, with the support of the SBIK manager.
- Set up the maintenance plan for the facilities.
5.To lead the technical, quality and Information Technology teams in Ghalam and to establish and maintain all Ghalam technical and quality processes:
- Establish long term technical plan based on Ghalam needs and objectives, and defines needs on knowledge acquisition and training of Ghalam staff.
- Manage the technical, quality and IT staff (recruitment, objectives, evolution…).
- Approve the deliveries from the engineering, quality and IT teams.
- Check that the procedures concerning the Technical Direction are indeed applied and up to date.
- Ensure recruiting, training and certification of about 10 employees.
6.To prepare and execute the development of future satellites under the JV leadership:
- Manage the pre development phase and prepare the development phases.
- Perform in advance competence analysis and mitigate the risk of missing competences.
- Perform risk analysis on the project.
- Perform satellite development, with the support of Airbus.
7.To be the Technical authority for Ghalam:
- Prepare processes (peer reviews, experts’ reviews, etc…) allowing guarantying all technical and quality tasks done by the Ghalam team or by Ghalam subcos.
- Approve effectively such tasks before issuing them outside.
8.To be accountable of the quality of Ghalam deliveries:
- Prepare processes allowing to guaranty the quality of all Ghalam deliveries (satellites, manufacturing Hardware, software).
- Authorize all deliveries.
9.To be member of Ghalam Management Board and as such, participate in any major decision:
- In addition to your technical role, as Technical Director you will provide a strategic vision on Ghalam and will participate in any major decision, as member of Ghalam Management Board.
- Support the definition of all major processes at Company level (finance, RH, procurement…).
10.To prepare the necessary documents and to participate in the Supervisory Boards :
- Support the Management Board in the preparation of the Supervisory Boards.
- Participate in the follow up of Action Items.
11.To report progress and issues to Airbus DS:
- To gather and report all information which can support the development of Airbus business in Kazakhstan.
This role will involve travel for business (once every two months in Europe) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to an Engineering degree (or equivalent),
- At least 15 years of experience in Space engineering activities (or similar),
- Good knowledge of satellite systems engineering,
- Good knowledge of the Space industrial domain and space programmes,
- Experience in team and project management,
- International experience in a non-European country with management of customer relations,
- Good communication and coordination skills,
- Autonomy and decision-making capabilities,
- Interest in Kazakhstani culture and business practices,
- Negotiation level of English and French, Russian would be an advantage.