The Research and Advanced Machine Learning team of AXA Group conducts researches in machine learning
and advanced data science to provide innovative solution to AXA’s data science teams worldwide. Its core
research topic is about Humanizing AI, with Human in the machine learning loop and Human-AI interactions. A
part of our mission is to set up academic research partnerships with top tier institutions in Europe, Asia and the
US on research topics applied to our ecosystem and mandate, and support AXA’s positioning and commitment
toward Artificial Intelligence regulation policies (national and supranational ones). Hence, the R&D Team is also
involved in providing recommendation on the ethical and responsible AI adoption and development.
Within this scope, the intern will join the AI Policy & Govenance lead (1 PMO/Analyst + 1 Manager), within the
AXA GO REV Research team. His/her main mission will be to contribute to REV effort to forecast and adress AI
Regulation impact in the insurance sector and in society at large.
She/He will report to the Head of AI Policy & Partnerships. This position is located at AXA Services HQ in Paris-
Batignolles (17th), France.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Produce regular reviews of SoA litterature on AI policy and Governance across regions and countries
• Support the preparation of position papers & presentations on AI Policy (monitoring, research and data
gathering, interviews with experts, organization of meetings, production of deliverables)
• Support to the AI Policy & Governance lead in managing internal and external stakeholders (Public Affairs,
Group Risk Management, entities)
• Support to the communication and awareness about Responsible AI and AI Regulation within the AXA Group
and help to the promotion of the team’s work (exploratory meetings, frequent exchanges with various
stakeholders, participation to seminars and workshops, preparation of a MOOC)
• Contribution to transversal studies on key AI Governance issues for AXA and related to the research team
focus (explainability, fairness and robustness of AI systems)
Education and background
• Master degree student looking for a gap year or final internship.
• Background: political science/social sciences, business school, general engineering school.
• Interest in Artificial Intelligence, and more generally social and societal impacts of technology.
• Curiosity for the insurance sector.
• Strong ability to analyze, summarize and convey messages in a convincing manner.
Knowledge and skills
• A first experience working with academic and industrial research organizations would be appreciated.
• A first work experience in an international environment and in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Solid written communication and very good oral ones.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Rigorous, committed and result oriented.
• Desire to learn and be proactive.
• Very good attention to detail.
• Flexible mind set, able to adapt to a quickly changing environment
Date limite de candidature : 17 juin 2020
Nombre de candidatures reçues pour ce poste : -
Recruteur : David.A