Description de l'offre
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
What is it like to work in our R&D
Most of all, we are creators. From designing ground-breaking products to finding unique ways to tackle technical challenges at an extraordinary scale, our tech teams work with state of the art methodologies to shape the future of advertising.
The Site Reliability teams keep one of the largest computing platforms in the AdTech world functioning like clockwork. They are processing, storing and monitoring through large scale data compute & storage services (Hadoop, SQL & NoSQL), streaming (Kafka), platform as a service (Chef, Mesos), identity management (Kerberos) and analytics (Hive, Druid, Vertica). What You’ll Do
- You will be part of the team working on data governance and processing and you will get the full picture of data transformation: who owns it, data growth, etc. That comes together with a full exposition to our tech stack, as the data goes through many different systems: Kafka, jobs based on Hive, Spark and Presto, many different SQL and NoSQL databases for online and offline purposes.
- With the guidance and support of your mentor, you will learn how to drive your project, design and ensure best practices are applied.
- You will participate in all knowledge sharing sessions/ workshops.
- You will gain a better understanding of how to work on real world data and mission-critical constraints.
- You are encouraged to actively voice your ideas whilst learning how to build and ship quality code into production.
- You will participate in architecture discussions, influence the roadmap, and take ownership.
- You will work with and learn from talented engineers, with a diverse set of backgrounds.
During your internships (6 months – end of studies) and according to your choice, skills and interest, you can tackle one of the following subjects:
Who You Are
- Streaming data catalog: You will help to deal with more than millions of messages per second, flowing from several Kafka clusters, all around the world, into one of the biggest Hadoop clusters in Europe.
- Understand the data and their dependencies in Criteo based on actual usage and develop some use cases with: Scala/React/Typescript/SQL/Hadoop.
- Develop tools and analyses to understand and monitor the quality of our data with Scala/React/Typescript/SQL/Hadoop.
- You are in your final year of study in Systems/Software Engineering or related field.
- You have already built projects in Python, C# or Java, and you have some practical experience writing Map/Reduce, Spark or Hive.
- You are curious about new technologies.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and a dislike for passing the buck.
- You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist. We believe coding is a talent and a passion, not just a skill.
- You are a strong communicator and a team player who can work efficiently with others.
- You are fluent in English.
Want to Know More?
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.