Description de l'offre
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
What is it like to work in our R&D
Most of all, we are creators. From designing ground-breaking products to finding unique ways to tackle technical challenges at an extraordinary scale, our tech teams work with state of the art methodologies to shape the future of advertising.
The Site Reliability teams keep one of the largest computing platforms in the AdTech world functioning like clockwork. They are processing, storing and monitoring through large scale data compute & storage services (Hadoop, SQL & NoSQL), streaming (Kafka), platform as a service (Chef, Mesos), identity management (Kerberos) and analytics (Hive, Druid, Vertica). What You’ll Do
- You will be part of a team providing services available, scalable and for most use cases, low latency. In other words, manage the service from bare metal OS install to the driver.
- More in depth, you will provide Distributed Caching, Columnar Database services and Full index search service. We're using Memcached, Couchbase, Cassandra and ElasticSearch running on Kubernetes.
- With the guidance and support of your mentor, you will learn how to drive your project, design and ensure best practices are applied.
- You will participate in all knowledge sharing sessions/ workshops.
- You will gain a better understanding of how to work on real world data and mission-critical constraints.
- You are encouraged to actively voice your ideas whilst learning how to build and ship quality code into production. You will participate in architecture discussions, influence the roadmap, and take ownership.
- You will work with and learn from talented engineers, with a diverse set of backgrounds.
During your internships (6 months – end of studies) and according to your choice, skills and interest, you can tackle one of the following subjects:
Who You Are
- Bin packing app on Mesos: your contribution will be to make our scheduler take optimal decisions to start new containers on the right servers to minimize resource waste.
- Isolate disk IOps between applications: your contribution will be focusing on allowing several application sharing disk access in a reliable manner and provide guarantees to disk intensive application like databases.
Want to Know More?
- You are in your final year of study in Systems/Software Engineering or related field.
- You have experience in developing web-based applications. You occasionally participate in coding competitions.
- You have already built projects in Python, Ruby or Go, and have rock solid fundamentals in Linux. You are curious about new technologies.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and a dislike for passing the buck.
- You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist. We believe coding is a talent and a passion, not just a skill.
- You are a strong communicator and a team player who can work efficiently with others.
- You are fluent in English.
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.