This role can be based in the following locations:
This role can be based in the following locations:
Do you like leveraging cutting-edge technology to help your customers achieve transformative business results? Would you like to help your customers leverage cutting-edge cloud technology to do things that they never ever were able to do before?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leader in enterprise cloud computing, with an unparalleled portfolio of market-defining products. We are looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. This role is a critical one - as a Senior Solutions Architect, you are responsible for the success of your customers on the AWS platform. This is your opportunity to leverage your technology skills and help deliver transformative business outcomes for Fortune 100 customers.
To achieve these outcomes, you will design massively scalable and highly resilient, cutting-edge solutions across infrastructure, databases, application containers, middleware and higher-layer services that solve specific business problems for your customers. This role gives you the widest exposure to the AWS technology stack and will require you to bring on everyday, your strongest technical and inter-personal skills in helping drive revenue growth across customers.
You will be a Trusted Advisor to your customer. As a trusted customer advocate, the Solutions Architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers.
Here are some qualities we are looking for:
• Be self-motivated, with a proven track record in designing solutions in the areas of application and infrastructure technology.
• Have a natural ability think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges, thereby being able to connect technology with measurable business value.
• Enjoy working with enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
• Be great fun to work with. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have prior pre-sales experience. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
• Have familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP)
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Have familiarity with open source technologies including containers (eg. Docker) and container management ecosystem (Kubernetes, OpenShift).
Roles and Responsibilities:
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
• As a key member of the account team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
• Open to traveling 25%-40% domestic with some international.
• 5+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience with large-scale, enterprise applications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study or 12+ years of related work experience
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• 3+ years of experience working with global customers in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role (consultant, solutions engineer, solutions architect, etc)
• AWS Certifications, with Solutions Architect Associate or Professional highly desired
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with a high degree of comfort dealing with CxOs, IT Directors, Enterprise Architects, and development teams.
• Demonstrated experience building large-scale architectures involving public cloud platforms and on-premises technologies to meet business requirements
• Knowledge of cloud technologies in the areas of operational management, high availability, disaster recovery, security, and risk/compliance frameworks