Description de l'offre
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
Challenges of this role
- Build systems that make the best decision in a very short time, half a million times per second. Across three continents and 15 datacenters, 24/7.
- Find the signal hidden in tens of TB of data, in one hour, using over a thousand nodes on our Hadoop cluster. And constantly keep getting better at it while measuring the impact on our business.
- Get stuff done. A problem partially solved today is better than a perfect solution next year. Have an idea during the night? Code it in the morning, push it at noon, test it in the afternoon and deploy it the next morning.
- High stakes, high rewards: 1% increase in performance may yield millions for the company. But if a single bug goes through, the Internet goes down (we’re only half joking, our work reaches 95% of the internet population).
- Develop open source projects. Because we are working at the forefront of technology, we are dealing with problems that few have faced. We’re big users of open source, and we’d like to give back to the community.
- Work with engineering leadership to develop long-term roadmaps and architectures to scale machine learning algorithms and relevance related graph algorithms
Strong candidates qualifications
- Scalability – You like working with problems involving huge amounts of data with requirements for high throughput and millisecond response times.
- Flexibility - It’s not really important what technology you’ve used before (Java, C++, C#, Scala, Python) – we’re looking for people who can adapt very quickly and with an open mind. Our engineers will choose and use the best tool for the job.
- Curiosity - You love algorithms, new technology, languages that nobody knows, work on personal projects, are curious.
- Passionate - You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist. We believe coding is a talent and a passion, not just a skill.
- Team Oriented - You need to be a great team worker and a great communicator.
Criteo R&D Culture
Empowerment – We believe in hiring the best engineers in the industry and then letting them get on with what they do best – designing, coding and releasing state of the art software.
Mobility – In our Voyager program our engineers get to pick which team they want to work on for 2-4 weeks, boosting collaboration, networking and maybe even leading to switching teams.
Agility - We work in a fast pace environment where we build and release stuff frequently to deliver value soon and adapt to changes quickly.
Variety – We have manywaysto get your code to production including our Hackathon, 10% projects, Voyager and more.
Multicultural – We have engineers from all over the world for you to interact and exchange ideas with.
Our culture keeps evolving, and you will be expected to contribute actively with new ideas to complement and enhance the existing programs that include frictionless internal mobility, 10% time, mentoring, technical talks, hackathons, conferences, etc.
Are you up to the challenge?
Do you want to know more about life in the R&D?
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.