Description de l'offre
Robotics Safety Engineer – Airbus Factory of the Future
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description du poste / stage
A growing use of digital technologies and collaboration between humans and robots is revolutionising construction in the aviation industry. At Airbus we are currently looking into Collaborative Robots/Cobots – robots that work with and alongside human employees, both sharing the same workspace.
In this context, Airbus is on the lookout for a talented Robotics Safety Engineer to join us on a fascinating journey. Our destination: the aircraft production, development, and industrial ecosystems of the future!
Your mission as Robotics Safety Engineer will be to:
- Define safety requirements for robotic system and collaborate with entire robotic team to work on the development of effective solutions, their implementation and validation.
- Ensure compliance with legislative and Airbus Safety Standards in close collaboration with Airbus plant’s Health Safety department.
- The robotic safety engineer will lead, support and perform various safety analyses at task, robot system and workspace levels as well as hardware and software levels.
- Collaborate with the robotic teams in the design of effective technical solution aimed to achieve adequate robustness at architecture level, risk analysis level, end to end process level.
- Help the Principal Robotic Engineer to assess, select technologies and advanced testing methods upfront (H/W and S/W) enabling to incrementally progress from co-located robots to autonomous collaborative robots.
In the future, a large portion of operations in Aircraft Manufacturing will be automated, thus development and implementation of Safety Technologies enabling the robot fleet to share the workspace with a team of workers is decisive to make the use of robots scalable and sustainable.
This position is to be based in Toulouse, France.
Tâches et missions principales, responsabilités
If you are interested in the finer details of this role, in addition to the above, we expect our Robotics Safety Engineer to:
- Apply regulatory compliance standards to new process and workspace dealing with robot co located with workers.
- Perform functional safety analysis activities for systems (tasks, robots, worskpaces) during all project phases (concept, requirements, design, prototype, commissioning, validation and production) including item definition, preliminary hazard analysis, and safety risk assessment with applicable ISO standards
- Develop functional safety architectures and cascade functional safety requirements to all concerned elements of robotic system and workspace.
- Specify detailed safety requirements, including testing, diagnostic and software requirements
- Collaborate with robotic engineers, project managers, integrators, and production team on technical aspects of functional safety.
- Assist in the safe deployment of new robotic system in partnership with robotic/ maintenance engineers, Heath & Safety, and production teams.
- Develop policies, interpret regulatory codes, safety standards, training and procedures for new co located robots and beyond with collaborative robots.
- Advise robotic engineer and production teams on safety regulations and regulatory compliance concerns relating to process and equipment design.
- Develop robotic safety analysis and recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to hazards.
- Perform safety risk assessment and new equipment safety commissioning.
Your Boarding Pass
- We are looking for a Safety Engineer specialised in Robotics and Automation.
- Proven experience working on Collaborative Robots / Cobots / Collocated Robots is a must.
- Proven experience in Robot Commissioning, Safety Risk Assessments of Collaborative Robots at a large Manufacturing site.
- Strong knowledge of Robotic System Safety Regulations (ISO / TS 15066; ISO 10218-1; ISO 13855; ISO 9241-940; DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC; ANSI /RIA R15.06), Robotics Safety, Functional Safety, safeguarding and human collaboration.
- Critical thinking; Observational skills; Technical capacity, Problem solving / analysis skills.
- Ability to translate data analytics into decisions and actions.
- Safety / co activity and compliance with regulatory standard testing (human and product).