L'offre Principal Electromagnetic Machine Designer a été sauvegardée.Continuer
Je dépose mon CV
Et j’optimise mes chances d’être recruté
Principal Electromagnetic Machine Designer posté par Safran-Group
Description de l'offre
Description de la mission
The Principal Electromagnetic Machine Designer is required to support new power generation and motors programmes for the future, more electric aircraft. The Designer will propose original concept solutions and support the design & validation of high performance electrical machines for Aerospace applications.
The individual will be key in the transformation of Customer needs into optimized electromagnetic architecture for future electrical machines. Strong communication across all business levels and within the project team is a requirement for this role.
Work Package Owner for the Electromagnetic Machine Design in a project team/s
The Electromagnetic Machine Design Engineer will need to liaise with customers/key suppliers to ensure robust product specification & selection
The Electromagnetic Machine Design Engineer will need to liaise with Operations to ensure that production is aligned with design intentions and uninterrupted
No specific budgetary responsibility
There are no direct reports to this role but the ability to lead others will be expected
- •Select the machine type, topology and sizing most appropriate to answer customers' needs (including size, weight, cost, reliability as well as electrical power requirements) in accordance with Safran product roadmaps
- •Undertake the electromagnetic design and performance evaluation of new products from initial concept through completion of qualification testing and into service. Take overall responsibility for machine electromagnetic performance
- •Support technical discussions with customers when required during RFI / Bid phases and during Project design phase to optimise the machine design to the requirements.
- •Perform thermal analysis of electromagnetic components.
- •Liaise closely with other project team members such as conversion, mechanical design, stress, manufacturing, sourcing and configuration, to ensure system requirements and performance is delivered.
- •Lead the development of new technology initiatives, in particular new concepts of advanced electrical machine systems aimed at new “more electric” applications.
- •Propose innovative approaches to system and machine design to facilitate step change improvements in cost competitiveness.
- •Participate in investigations and undertake analysis where necessary to resolve system performance issues.
- •Maintain, develop and optimise specialist design tools and methodologies to support electrical machine design. Introduce new techniques and software solutions, as appropriate.
- •Provide technical expertise and assistance to Project Teams, Verification and Validation, Manufacturing, Customer Support and other functional departments within Engineering being the point of contact for EM designs.
- •Support Business Development with electromagnetic designs for generator and motor drive systems based bids. Represent the Company at supplier, partner and customer locations, both in the UK and overseas.
Performance objectives agreed during annual performance reviews to be satisfactorily completed within the agreed timescales. For example: concept designs produced and reviewed at PDR stage, design analysis correctly completed, detail designs completed and reviewed at CDR stage according to project schedule needs.
Product performance as per electromagnetic calculations/simulations.
Personal development targets met e.g. competence in use of software, knowledge of the product etc.
Degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate Engineering discipline and proven track record on the design and analysis of Rotating Electrical Machine design & simulation, preferably in a generator/motor manufacturing environment.
- •Analytical skills suited to the solution of complex technical problems
- •Able to demonstrate experience in generator & motor design in a manufacturing environment.
- •Must have some experience of the interaction between the electrical machine and the Power Electronics with specific regard to motor start concepts.
- •Must be self-sufficient and self-motivated, but capable of working within a team structure
- •Good communication skills, oral and written. Must be able to effectively communicate, formally and informally with peer group, other team members, senior management, suppliers and customers.
- •Must have an understanding of specific engineering materials and production methods relevant to electrical machines
- •A sound understanding of the design and Validation & Verification (V&V) process
- •Ability to work within agreed timescales and budgets and follow tasks through to completion
- •Advanced knowledge of common PC software package such as Microsoft Office
- •Must have a good working knowledge of thermal, electromagnetic FEA & system simulation tools e.g. ANSYS Maxwell, SPEED & MotorCAD and Matlab Simulink
- •Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
Spécificités du poste
Entité de rattachement
Safran Electrical & Power
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de l'aéronautique (propulsion, équipements et intérieurs), de l'espace et de la défense. Sa mission : contribuer durablement à un monde plus sûr, où le transport aérien devient toujours plus respectueux de l'environnement, plus confortable et plus accessible. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 79 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2020, et occupe, seul ou en partenariat, des positions de premier plan mondial ou européen sur ses marchés. Safran s'engage dans des programmes de recherche et développement qui préservent les priorités environnementales de sa feuille de route d'innovation technologique.
Safran est classé meilleur employeur mondial 2020 dans son secteur par le magazine Forbes.
Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques. La société est un acteur clé dans le domaine de l'électrification des équipements et de la propulsion électrique et hybride. Elle compte 15 000 collaborateurs répartis dans 13 pays.