Description de l'offre
Payload System Architect (M/F)
Airbus Defence and Space Toulouse
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description du poste / stage
A vacancy for a Payload System Architect (M/F) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join the Head of Payload System Engineering group (TESTL) .
Tâches et missions principales, responsabilités
The Payload System Architect has a key technical role across the lifecycle of payloads. You will have the opportunity to participate to different phases, pending business opportunities, allowing to get experience across the various skills of the payload engineering job.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Providing payload design engineering expertise on bids, either in a lead or support role :
- Analysing customer requirements
- Identifying the main design to cost payload trade-offs, risks and opportunities
- Specifying equipment mini-specs, liaise with supply chain for equipment procurement
- Generating the frequency plan(s) and the block diagram(s)
- Generating the payload analyses (e.g. EIRP, G/T etc), performance simulations when required and hardware list
- Supporting payload accommodation activities to optimise the layout
- Writing payload proposal documentation and supporting presentations
- Generating the payload mission redline or statement of compliance and take the lead in negotiations with the customer on the contractual exhibit for payload performance
- Performing lessons learned at the completion of a bid or customisation phase. Propose evolutions of processes, best practices and methods.
- Participating to payload custom phase, after contract signature, developing the payload design, analysis and equipment specification, follow-up of payload AIT activities at satellite level.
- Participating to advanced payload architecture definition, road-mapping and related equipment / sub-system high level specification
- Coordinating with telecom system and antenna groups for end-to-end payload optimizations
- Interfacing with UK payload engineering teams and supply chain for new product sourcing
- Contributing to R&D studies (external e.g. ESA, EC or internal), including follow-up of bread-boarding activities when relevant
- Participating to co-engineering phases with customers or suppliers for new solutions, including introduction of new space suppliers and new technologies (eg photonics, active antennas, digital processing ….)
- Developing simulations and tools to characterize payload performance and support new equipment specification
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Master degree level
- Almost 3 years of experience
- A telecom Payload background is required
- Knowledge in RF ,digital solutions and signal processing
- Autonomy, initiative and good communication skills are mandatory
- Language Skills: advanced level of English