Description de l'offre
Metallic Technology Scientist
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description du poste / stage
The Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for a Metallic Technology Scientist to join the Material X team in Airbus Central Research & Technology. This position is to be based in Nantes, France. You will report to the Head of Materials Expertise France Team.
In the context of the setting of the Materials teams in Central R&T, a job position is open in the field of Metallic Technology, contributing directly to the development of after next generation products and technology within Airbus materials & structures community, as well as supporting Expertise activities for next generation.
Your mission will be to perform research & analysis of advanced metallic technologies and their impact on materials performances. Mainly focused on machining and drilling technologies for new materials (metallic or composite), hybrid structure, and suitable to environmental constraints, you will expand the research field to other innovative metallic technologies.
With your creative and analytic mind, you will use your unique expertise:
Tâches et missions principales, responsabilités
- Developing knowledge on fundamental understanding on machining and drilling operations (physical mechanisms occurring during the process / process parameters driven the process / materials damage mechanisms occurring during the process / key materials properties driven the process).
- Proposing way of materials optimisation, taking into account process constraints.
- Developing new advanced drilling and machining technology (cost performance and environmental friendly).
- Ensuring technical watch for detecting emerging metallic technologies.
- Developing cooperation with key suppliers and academic partners.
- Capitalizing and Growing internal knowledge by capturing knowledge from external companies & research institutes.
- Analyse and select the most relevant business cases in cooperation with Airbus plant.
- Propose relevant advanced solution related to the different business cases.
- Develop the suitable equipment (cryogenic assistance, vibration…) and its on-line monitoring.
- Analyse the testing campaigns and identify physical mechanisms, key process parameters, defects, damage mechanisms, key materials properties, post-processing materials properties.
- Optimise process parameters window.
- Optimise material for adapting it to the process.
- Contribute to materials specification improvement.
- Assess the technico-economical benefit in cooperation with the customer.
- Support key projects to ensure project outcomes are delivering tangible benefits company and enabling sustainable and long-term performance.
- Ensure technical watch on emergent metallic technologies and their potential.
- Establish cooperation with key partners.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass
- Solid Engineering background in Material Science.
- Experience on Drilling technology.
- Knowledge and experience in Manufacturing technologies.
- Good knowledge and experience in:
- CAD/CAM: CATIA, Solidworks,
- FEM: ABAQUS,
- MATLAB and Scilab,
- Python, FORTRAN.
- Negotiation level in English and French is required.
- Agile for extending expertise field to other metallic technologies.
- Pragmatic with strong team spirit to work in cooperation mode.
- Good communication skills, active listening and a pro-active approach.