Description de l'offre
Metallic Material Scientist
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description du poste / stage
The Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for a Metallic Material Scientist to join the Material X team in Airbus Central Research & Technology. This position is to be based in Toulouse, France. You will report to the Head of Materials Expertise France Team.
In the context of the setting of the Materials teams in Central R&T, a job position is open in the field of Metallic Material, contributing directly to the development of after next generation products and technology within Airbus materials & structures community, as well as supporting Expertise activities for next generation.
Your mission will be to perform research & analysis of metallic material and behaviour characterisation all along life cycle (from manufacturing to end of life).
With your creative and analytic mind, you will use your unique expertise:
Tâches et missions principales, responsabilités
- Developing knowledge for metallic material microstructure (Aluminium, Titanium alloys and Stainless steel).
- Developing knowledge for characterisation of metallic materials behaviour (static, fatigue, crack propagation, corrosion in representative environments).
- Developing deep fundamental understanding of metallic materials damage mechanism under various loading (mechanical, environment).
- Contribute to the optimisation of metallic materials behaviour in cooperation with suppliers and academics partner (heat treatment, chemical composition, manufacturing process).
- Capitalizing and Growing internal knowledge by capturing knowledge from external companies & research institutes.
- Develop deep knowledge of relationship microstructure/behaviour under representative environments for metallic materials (Al, Ti alloys, Stainless steel).
- Define testing campaign according specification and in-service application.
- Analyse microstructure and mechanical behaviour.
- Identify damage mechanisms in relation with the microstructure.
- Propose optimisation route of metallic materials.
- Provides technological watch on new metallic materials.
- Propose ideas on advanced innovative metallic solution.
- Support manufacturing process development and expertise team.
- Support key projects to ensure project outcomes are delivering tangible benefits company and enabling sustainable and long-term performance.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass
- Solid Engineering background in Material Science.
- Deep knowledge and experience on Metallic Materials, Metallurgy, Microstructure, Mechanical Characterisation and Materials Testing.
- Deep knowledge of Metallurgy on one, ideally two aeronautical materials (Aluminium, Titanium alloys, Stainless steel).
- Negotiation level in English and French is required.
- Pragmatic with strong team spirit to work in cooperation mode.
- Good communication skills, active listening and a pro-active approach.