Description de l'offre
Description de la mission
This role leads an engineering development project of a large size and level of complexity, responsible for technical and process compliance, recurring and non-recurring costs, adherence to agreed program and project milestones throughout the project life cycle.
Leading a multidisciplinary team of more than 10 engineers (internal or subcontractors) across engineering disciplines as appropriate to the program to deliver customer expectations.
- •Example of projects: Product development project, System design and verification work-package.
Responsible for the technical definition of the System / Product :
- •Ensure that the product is safe and fit for purpose.
- •Ensure that the product design maturity is in line with TRL process.
- •Ensure that all technical choices are supported by appropriate group (experts, peers, audit team, …)
- •Stakeholder Management of Customer, Divisional and Site Leaders critical
- •Ensure that the Product Life cycle documentation is produced and meets the process requirements
- •Oversee, check & verify & approve design calculations and technical proposals in the relevant project & discipline
- •Fully responsible for the technical integrity of products, systems and sub-systems on a programme/s
- •Lead relevant technical root cause analysis
Project Management and reporting
- •Organise and lead the project in collaboration with Technical Project Manager or Programme Management
- •Provide accurate estimation of engineering tasks
- •Manage risk
- •Identify resourcing requirements and maintain the project plan in line with assigned resources
- •Ensure project deliverables are delivered to the agreed timescale
Management of project spend more £3m in accordance with budget
- •Management of sub-contracted work; Manage definition of Statements Of Work (SoWs) for sub-contract work, Track and support supplier progress, Review and approve supplier deliverables & Responsible for the approval of sub-contractor time-sheets within the project team
- •Ensure projects are delivered to financial targets for Engineering Non-Recurring Costs (NRC) and Recurring Costs (RC) by design; Manage task estimation and dependencies, Manage labour costs & Manage direct material costs
Ensure project considers Design to Industrialisation (D2I) and Design For Manufacture (DFM)
- •A Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience / combined education
- •Experience of successfully leading and delivering a cross-functional package of work
- •A record of producing excellent engineering solutions
- •A sound understanding of a variety of design and development processes
- •Ability to analyse and resolve complex safety critical problems by devising and negotiating creative and effective solutions
- •Ability to generate and maintain performance metrics to measure the quality and delivery performance of the Project team, and use this performance information to further improve the performance of the team.
- •Experience of the Verification & Validation (V&V) development cycle
- •An understanding of product development process including the interfaces between engineering disciplines, and between Engineering and other teams such as Test Equipment, Operations, Business Development, etc.
- •Supporting new business growth in promoting Safran capability to customers, in investigating possible opportunities and in preparation of responses to customer Requests for Proposal
- •Planning & risk mitigation ability
- •Delegation & supervision ability
- •Ability to work well under pressure
- •Excellent customer facing skills
- •An understanding of product design and development costs (Non-Recurring Costs)
- •Must be able to Lead people both onsite and offsite (in an international setting)
- •Competent with IT software tools – MS Office etc.
- •Comfortable with presenting to internal/external stakeholders
- •Able to coach junior team members
- •Must be organised and have excellent time & project management skills
- •Must be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- •An understanding of Airworthiness requirements & Certification processes
- •Familiar with relevant engineering Software Tools
- •Experience of working with Engineering service suppliers, e.g. defining Statements of Work and approving deliverables.
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process
- •Ensure traceability and compliance with Airworthiness and customer (and/or internal) requirements
- •Delivery of projects according to Safran Product Introduction Process (requirements capture and traceability, design validation and verification, design reviews etc.)
- •Deliver definition of and adherence to project milestones, both external and internal
- •Support for operations; permits/concessions/PRs/Corrective actions etc.
Spécificités du poste
- •Provide ‘peer review' advice, mentoring and leadership of less experienced engineers to help them in engineering design decisions across all relevant projects
- •Authoring, reviewing, and approving engineering documentation in the related discipline
- •Definition of project and resource plans to meet programme milestones and budget
- •Contribution to engineering budget (short & long term)
- •Definition of, and adherence to, monthly Safran engineering KPI processes
- •Delivering project(s) to budget and schedule
- •Delivery of products to Safran process which are fit for purpose and compliant with requirements
- •Provision of status reporting and updates to both internal/external stakeholders
- •Facilitation of efficient inter and intra-team interactions
- •Ensure Product / System configuration is managed and maintained (e.g. permits/concessions/PRs etc.)
- •Manage risk and associated mitigation activities
- •Compiling and collating documentation for Safety of Flight / Certification
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de la propulsion et des équipements aéronautiques, de l'espace et de la défense. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie plus de 58 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2017. Safran est une société cotée sur Euronext Paris et fait partie des indices CAC 40 et Euro Stoxx 50.
Safran est classé dans le Top 100 Global Innovators de Thomson Reuters ainsi que dans le palmarès « Happy at work » des sociétés où il fait bon vivre. Le Groupe est en 4ème position du classement Universum des entreprises préférées des jeunes ingénieurs en France.
Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques, numéro 1 sur le câblage et numéro 2 sur les systèmes électriques. Acteur clé dans le domaine de l'avion plus électrique, la société compte plus de 13 000 collaborateurs répartis dans 12 pays.