Description de l'offre
Description de la mission
This role leads an engineering development project of a moderate size and level of complexity, responsible for technical and process compliance, recurring and non-recurring costs, adherence to agreed program and project milestones throughout the project life cycle
Leading a multidisciplinary team of less than 10 engineers (internal or subcontractors) across engineering disciplines as appropriate to the program to deliver customer expectations.
- •Example of projects: Product development project, System design and verification work package.
Responsible for the technical definition of the System / Product :
- •Ensure that the product is safe and fit for purpose.
- •Ensure that all technical choices are supported by appropriate group (experts, peers, audit team, …)
- •Ensure that the Product Life cycle documentation is produced and meets the process requirements
Project Management and reporting
- •Organise and lead the project in collaboration with Technical Project Manager or Programme Management
- •Provide accurate estimation of engineering tasks
- •Manage risk
- •Identify resourcing requirements and maintain the project plan in line with assigned resources
- •Ensure project deliverables are delivered to the agreed timescale
Management of project spend less than £3m (small) in accordance with budget
- •Management of sub-contracted work
Manage definition of Statements Of Work (SoWs) for sub-contract work
Track and support supplier progress
Review and approve supplier deliverables
Responsible for the approval of sub-contractor time-sheets within the project team
- •Ensure projects are delivered to financial targets for Engineering Non-Recurring Costs (NRC) and Recurring Costs (RC) by design
Manage labour costs
Manage direct material costs
- •Ensure traceability and compliance with Airworthiness and customer (and/or internal) requirements
- •Delivery of projects according to Safran Product Introduction Process (requirements capture and traceability, design validation and verification, design reviews etc.)
- •Deliver definition of and adherence to project milestones, both external and internal
- •Support for operations
Ensure project considers Design to Industrialisation and Design For Manufacture.
Interfacing with other functions (e.g. Operations, Business Development, Supply Chain, Programmes, Quality etc.)
- •A Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience / combined education
- •An understanding of product development process including the interfaces between engineering disciplines, and between Engineering and other teams such as Test Equipment, Operations, Business Development, etc.
- •Planning & risk mitigation ability
- •Delegation & supervision ability
- •Ability to work well under pressure
- •Excellent customer facing skills
- •An understanding of product design and development costs (Non-Recurring Costs)
- •Must be able to Lead people both onsite and offsite (in an international setting)
- •Competent with IT software tools – MS Office, MS Project etc.
- •Comfortable with presenting to internal/external stakeholders
- •Able to coach junior team members
- •Must be organised and have excellent time & project management skills
- •Must be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- •An understanding of Airworthiness requirements & Certification process
- •Experience of working with Engineering service suppliers, e.g. defining Statements of Work and approving deliverables.
- • Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English
or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be provided you will be
required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as part of the interview process.
- •Accountable for technical quality of engineering across all engineering disciplines and covering the entire
product development process.
- •Responsible for achieving performance, reliability and safety requirements and product cost requirements
Ensure tasks and timescales are realistic and bought into by his/her team and support the business
- •Responsible for engineering resource expended on the project, meeting agreed budget levels
- •Accountable for the technical risk management within the project and ensures the technical plan is updated
to mitigate risks as they arise
Spécificités du poste
- •Managing the efforts of a team of engineers across hardware, software, firmware, mechanical and functions as appropriate to the program to deliver customer expectations.
- •Interfacing with other functions (EMC, environmental and functional test teams, for example.
- •Interfacing with customer on technical performance and program compliance issues.
- •Delivering on engineering milestones.
- •Provision of status reporting and updates to both internal/external stakeholders
- •Manage risk and associated mitigation activities
- •Compiling and collating documentation.
Entité de rattachement
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie opérant dans les domaines de la propulsion et des équipements aéronautiques, de l'espace et de la défense. Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie plus de 58 000 collaborateurs pour un chiffre d'affaires de 16,5 milliards d'euros en 2017. Safran est une société cotée sur Euronext Paris et fait partie des indices CAC 40 et Euro Stoxx 50.
Safran est classé dans le Top 100 Global Innovators de Thomson Reuters ainsi que dans le palmarès « Happy at work » des sociétés où il fait bon vivre. Le Groupe est en 4ème position du classement Universum des entreprises préférées des jeunes ingénieurs en France.
Safran Electrical & Power est l'un des leaders mondiaux des systèmes électriques aéronautiques, numéro 1 sur le câblage et numéro 2 sur les systèmes électriques. Acteur clé dans le domaine de l'avion plus électrique, la société compte plus de 13 000 collaborateurs répartis dans 12 pays.