Description de l'offre
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
What is it like to work in our R&D?
Infrastructure department provides capacity and connectivity to host the Criteo platform and applications.
More than 60 engineers are designing, planning and operating our global network of datacenters.
Located in 6 different countries across Americas, Europe and Asia our footprint covers:
- 9 datacenters 7 webfarms, 2 HPC clusters
- 5 network PoPs to reach IX and carriers
- more than 35K physical servers
- more than 4500 network devices
- the largest Hadoop European platform: 6000 nodes, 150k cores, 500PB of raw storage
- +5M QPS on peak hours
By adding more than 10k servers per year, our infrastructure is growing tremendously. This creates new and complex operational challenges which require innovative solutions. By joining the Hardware Engineering team, you will play a key role in building the systems that are the foundation upon which the whole of Criteo is built. You will define, benchmark, qualify and maintain our hardware stack throughout its lifetime.
Your Mission :
- Optimize costs and performance by customizing hardware and software solutions
- Develop infrastructure to manage, maintain and upgrade hardware in our fast-growing fleet.
- Develop systems that proactively capture health status of various hardware -components and automate remediation.
- Provide abstraction layer to hide the specificity of each hardware
- Provide insights to extract the best performance out of our hardware
- Prepare a shift toward open initiatives such as OCP, Open19, Linuxboot, OpenBMC, ...
- Build a strong partnership with industry players to drive our requirements
Minimum Skills and Qualifications :
- Deep experience with low-level software (kernel/firmware/system services & drivers)
- Experience with large-scale infrastructure management
- Experience with configuration and automation tools (such as Chef, Puppet, ...)
- Communication skills in English
- Strong teamwork ability
Bonus points :
- Experience in C
- Familiar with latest server architecture and components
- Motivation to expand their horizons on every level (technical and non-technical)
- Experience and/or interest in Open Source technologies
- Work within the Agile processes and methodologies
- A background of working in start-up and/or the internet space
Our culture keeps evolving, and you will be expected to contribute actively with new ideas to complement and enhance the existing programs that include frictionless internal mobility, 10% time, mentoring, technical talks, hackathons, conferences, etc.
Are you up to the challenge?
Do you want to know more about life in the R&D?
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.
Criteo collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Criteo's recruitment related activities. Consequently, Criteo may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants. Your information will be accessible to the different Criteo entities across the world. By clicking the "Apply" button you expressly give your consent.