* This individual will work closely with product definition and other Graphical Applications Development team members in implementing new software solutions or eliminating limitations which prevent the successful use of SolidWorks mechanical design software.
* The individual will continually be challenged to assist in removing limitations or to extend system capabilities in the area of graphics applications and 3D display. The work is heavily dependent on effective programming capabilities as well as understanding a complex CAD architecture. The individual will be part of a highly qualified and successful goal oriented team.
* The candidate must be proficient in C++ programming, and must have a deep understanding of the OpenGL API for graphical display of 2D/3D data.
* CAD or similar experience is preferred.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in the Computer Science/Software Development Field.
* The candidate should have 6-7 years experience working in a computer graphics development position. The candidate's background will preferably be in CAD or a related software field (CAM, FEA, etc...), or in a gaming or scientific visualization company. The candidate should be able to show exceptional work in developing graphics-related software.
* Proficient in the C++ programming language, including usage of the STL. Parallel programming experience is a plus. The candidate should also be experienced in the latest OpenGL programming API's for graphics display (GL4+). Experience with writing custom shaders (GLSL) is also a plus. Experience with ray-tracing techniques is not required but would be beneficial, as would experience in the Python programming language.
* Demonstrate the ability to design and implement software algorithms as part of an overall complex software system. The individual must possess good programming skills with a working knowledge of CAD systems. Requires actual work experience with Windows OS development environments including MS Dev Studio and Visual C++. The individual should demonstrate an awareness and understanding of achieving goals and meeting milestones with an ability to work individually or as part of a team.
* The candidate should be passionate about computer graphics, and the use of the latest computer graphics technologies and hardware. Having an interest in Computer Aided Design or similar technologies is also a plus.