Description de l'offre
Flight Control Law Evaluation Coordinator (M/F)
Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world’s most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13.800 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide. Airbus has achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Headquartered in Toulouse, France.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description du poste / stage
A vacancy for a Flight Control Law Evaluation Coordinator has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
In the frame of the Engineering function, the Systems Center of Competences and the Flight Control Domain, you will join the Airbus Flight Control Laws team. You will contribute to the continuous development (design, validation, integration, verification and certification of modifications) of the Flight Control Laws for incremental development of several families. And you will ensure that the Laws evaluation (and technical events) by our interfaces are properly followed, tracked and justified.
Tâches et missions principales, responsabilités
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include :
- Supporting the Flight control Laws designers by organising all the reviews expected by the process (peer review, design, freeze, test readyness, ...).
- Following all the open problems, the snags, defects, and ensuring proper follow-up and traceability of the closure (based on test requests an reports)
- Organizing meetings with Programme and certification authorities.
- Creating a collegial way-of working with the designers and the external stakeholders.
- Validating Flight control laws and integrating them into aircraft primary and secondary control systems to ensure good handling qualities and match the safety &required performance level- according to Airbus systems engineering processes.
- Validating the control laws through simulation of the flight with models and simulation, and then with real hardware and finally in flight tests.
- Providing all data for the certification of the control laws.
- Managing and defining interfaces with aircraft loads process, cockpit operations, Testing and certification teams.
- tracking how defects are reported and addressed in design modification and for producing the justification activities necessary for their certification.
- Delivering Laws detailed V&V technical status to the Laws teams and to its interfaces (system integration team, test team, flight test, programme, Quality…).
- Presenting and justifying the design maturity on front of the flight tests engineers and flight test pilots.
- Following in-service events, reported by the customer support or by the pilots, for Major In-Service Problem, for major Industrial problems.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to at least a 3 years degree in Engineering
- 3 to 5 years experience
- Experience of equivalent system design or V&V system
- Knowledge of Aircraft handling quality
- Knowledge of flight physics
- Matlab, Simulink trackdev, or agile method practice would be a plus
- Ability to manage different interfaces and to be the focal point
- Ability to work within a team,
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Advanced level of French & English