Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform. The Sales Strategy, Operations & Enablement (SSOE) team supports the Sales, Solution Architect and Business Development teams across EMEA to enable individuals to better serve our customers in their journey to the cloud.
We are seeking an experienced Enablement Lead to collaborate with the EMEA Area Leads and SSOE Leads to support the in country sales organization and its senior leaders to define, land and execute against their Productivity & Readiness strategic priorities. This means identifying gaps, developing programs, landing those programs as well as executing against the relevant segment or business area and our Training and Field Enablement strategic priorities. This role will be responsible for developing initiatives collaborating with area stakeholders and personalizing content for the respective area across all functions as prioritized by the stakeholders. Programs will focus on improving productivity of our field teams from the initial onboarding of new hires through to continuous “always-boarding” across our portfolio of offerings, solutions and coaching framework.
The Area Enablement Lead will be responsible for ensuring the field sales organization is well equipped with the content, training, knowledge of available resources, and core curriculum necessary to be effective in having the right customer conversations to drive success in an environment of fast-paced change and AWS’ current and new service portfolio. This will involve working with the central Enablement team as well as the worldwide team. The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of global program management experience and support role dynamics with the ability to map field requirements and corporate resources into a comprehensive plan for execution. This individual will work very closely with senior leadership. The ideal candidate will combine solid understanding of sales in the cloud industry, ability to work cross functionally, translate business needs into initiatives and prior experience with field enablement. This is a hands-on position with high visibility - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up their sleeves” and get things done.
The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other culture and geographies.
The role will be based in one of the AWS EMEA areas but with close working with the central enablement team.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with:
• Perform detailed needs assessments in coordination with internal resources then create, develop, manage, and lead the successful execution of cross-functional programs in conjunction with the Commercial SSOE team and Field technical senior leadership.
• Assist in the development of the master plan and calendar for the assigned roles to meet the enablement requirements of the business. Drive execution of the various onboarding and always-boarding initiatives and programs in the assigned area.
• Create relevant content with the support of subject matter experts following highest standards, proper modality and best practice.
• Design and track metrics to measure enablement programs and impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and adoption to be reported to area leadership.
• Review and manage the existing content library to determine opportunities to improve the learning experience, ensure the content is current and relevant and best technology is utilized.
• Deliver the created content through virtual classes, instructor lead courses or micro learning videos to ensure easy adoption by the field.
• Develop and maintain an effective governance process focused on providing timely and targeted content for sales enablement and continuously improving the knowledge transfer.
• Build sustainable deep relationships with the area team to continuously assess readiness gaps in the geo and work with the appropriate stakeholders to quickly develop the right initiatives and programs to close them.
• Proven experience designing and implementing enterprise sales enablement programs.
• Experience with Cloud Technology.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Excellent communications skills including, presenting, editing, and writing as well as accuracy and attention to detail required.
• A fast-thinking, high-energy individual with a sense of humor and ability to work with a wide range of personalities will thrive in this role.