Description de l'offre
Experienced GNSS/SBAS Performance Engineer (M/F)
Airbus Defence & Space Toulouse
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description du poste / stage
A vacancy for an Experienced GNSS/SBAS Performance Engineer (M/F) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join join the « Navigation and ATM » department in the « Engineering / User Ground Systems» directorate of Airbus D&S. The department is in charge of definition, development and Integration, Verification and Validation of critical Ground Systems or Functional chains for Navigation and Air Traffic Management. The GNSS team and activities have grown significantly in the last years, and is intended to grow.
Tâches et missions principales, responsabilités
You will integrate the transnational System Performance Team and contribute mainly to EGNOS V3 system performance engineering activities. More specifically, you will be in charge of maintaining the system performance specification with regard to faulty condition (ICAS: Integrity, Continuity and Accuracy of Services), and their allocation to the sub-system (mainly RIMS (Ranging Integrity Monitoring Station), CPF (Central Processing Facility) and network). You could also contribute to the CPF performance engineering (flow-down of system performance specification at CPF sub-system level and CPF product level) and ICF (Integrity Chain Facility) navigation processing definition.
You will benefit from your strong competencies in GNSS navigation processing / performance and more specifically in the field of SBAS system.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include
- Analysis of customer needs and requirements related to system performance, including analysis of applicable standard related to performance (SiS-ICD, MOPS …)
- Technical system specifications contribution, particularly with regard to requirement about system performance in faulty/degraded mode.
- Allocation and consolidation of performance budget of degraded performance mode at system level, and at sub-system level, including consolidation of fault tree for the integrity, continuity and LPV-200 accuracy tail performances. Impact analysis of internal and external ICAS feared event and their characterization up to the system output feared events.
- Coordination with RAMS team for consolidation of performance budget linked to RAMS feared events.
- Analysis of system performances in degraded/faulty mode thanks to a SVS (Service Volume Simulator) or using SPV-P (System Performance Validation –Platform)
- Follow-up of sub-system performances (RIMS, CPF, network), related to faulty performance specifications, and consolidation at system level of the performances reached by the sub-systems, including analysis of existing margins.
- Contribution to the system performance qualification strategy, particularly with regard to faulty performances qualification
- Contribution tests campaigns related to system performances verifications
- Writing of documents/deliverables related to system performances
More generally, in the frame of navigation algorithms and performances activities
- Contribution to technical proposal
- Contribution to innovation process
- Contribution to project in the frame of navigation algorithms and performances activities
- Interface with customers and partners (internals or externals, and in international context): presentation, project reviews, activity coordination
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a Master degree level (or equivalent) or PhD level in Engineering.
- Education domain : General engineering, Signal, GNSS, Applied mathematics, Spatial systems
Mandatory skills :
- Deep knowledge of GNSS and SBAS system in term of functional chain, architecture, RF signals, receiver processing, standards (ICDs, MOPS …)
- Deep knowledge of navigation processing related to mission performance of GNSS/SBAS ground segment (Orbit determination and clock synchronization, ionosphere monitoring, satellite anomalies detection, integrity monitoring). Theoretical and practical knowledge of mathematical problem solving (estimation, optimization, statistics)
- Proven experience in performance engineering of SBAS system (integrity, Continuity, Accuracy and Availability); Deep understanding of the different contributors to the system performances in nominal and in degraded mode for GNSS and SBAS system Theoretical and practical knowledge of methods to analyze these performances (performance mode decomposition, system performance modelling/simulation)
- System engineering (specification, traceability, verification)
- Experience in standard engineering software development (prototyping level) languages like Matlab
- An advanced level in English is required