Description de l'offre
Electric Propulsion In-Flight Return & Improvement Architect Support (m/f)
Airbus Defence & Space Toulouse
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of the Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. This new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description du poste / stage
A vacancy for an Electric Propulsion In-Flight Return & Improvement Architect Support (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join the Electrical Propulsion MSC (TSOTE5) department.
The position is intended for an engineer with 3 years of experience in space environment ideally in operations and/or propulsion domains who is highly competent in systems engineering and with a strong sense for innovation in aerospace. You will both lead and support engineering activities related to:
- The improvement of the methods and associated tools for the In-Flight monitoring of the Telecommunication satellites fleet embedded Electric Propulsion,
- The preparation of the processes and end-to-end data processing in the framework of the Factory 4.0.
You will report to the Head of the Electric Propulsion department in the Telecom Satellites Business Unit in Toulouse.
Tâches et missions principales, responsabilités
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Working in collaboration with the responsible of the In-Flight return on Electric Propulsion and directly managing self-content WP activities with your support and the support of the other members of the MSC team,
- Contributing, in the framework of Factory 4.0 for the PPS In-Flight Customer Support, to the specification, the definition of the improvements of the methods and associated data processing tools for the In-Flight monitoring,
- Following the development process of these tools with the Software team and being in charge of their validation before the implementation for data exploitation,
- Contributing to the analysis of In-Flight data to contribute to the 'Monthly Quitus' for the fleet and root cause analysis in case of In-Flight abnormality/anomaly on the Electrical Propulsion chain,
- Presenting the outcomes of your investigations/analysis to the IFSS team (In-Orbit Support for customers) or to the customers in the framework of Anomaly Review Board meetings,
- Interfacing with the Project teams, the other architects (Mechanical, Thermal, Fluidic, Electrical, Flight Dynamics, Functional, and Physics modelling), the procurement, the Operations and the In-Flight Customer Support Departments.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to an Aerospace, Applied Physics, Electrical or generalist Engineering or Master’s degree level,
- 3 years of experience in space environment ideally in operations and/or propulsion domains,
- Ability to work within a team environment with good communication, synthesis skills and capability to interface with different technical areas (e.g. mechanical/thermal/electrical/functional),
- Ability to develop engineering tools, engineering models and to model complex systems using Matlab/Scilab, Excel or equivalent,
- Anticipative and problem-solving mind-set,
- Preparation of technical budgets and documents
- Negotiation level of English.