Description de l'offre
Digital Accelerator - Big Data Software Engineer (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description du poste / stage
Are you passionate about IT, experienced in software development techniques and convinced by the business added value of the digitalization?
Several vacancies for Big Data Software Engineers (m/f) have arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
With the Digital Transformation of Airbus, the information technology of the company is completely redesigned, looking for creating added value for the business.
Big Data is a main enabler of this transformation. In that context, Airbus IT teams are entirely reshaped and looking for new skills & potentials.
Challenges are numerous and exciting!
You will combine deep experience of software engineering and an innate drive to improve existing systems and processes with the creativity to develop new solutions to evolving challenges.
Tâches et missions principales, responsabilités
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include
- Building products for human-driven analysis of real-world data at scale, while maintaining an intuitive user experience and a wide range of analytic capabilities,
- Being Involved in all parts of the product lifecycle: idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and shipping,
- Designing and developing high-quality product features from end-to-end (DevOps), highly scalable, highly available, using a variety of frameworks and tools from the Big Data ecosystem,
- Implementing ETL processes from various IT back-ends and bringing the data into the Enterprise Datalake,
- Monitoring performance of data transformation pipelines across the Datalake and advising any necessary infrastructure changes,
- Working in a pizza-team alongside business experts, data analysts, architects and data governance representatives,
- Conducting researches on new technologies and solutions, completing proof of concepts apply these new findings into our current environment,
- Standardizing the quality assurance procedures for software engineering, overseeing testing and developing fixes,
- Defining best practices for product delivery teams from a software development perspective,
- Defining, implementing new processes and refining the existing ones.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree, ideally in in Computer Science & Electrical Engineering (or equivalent),
- Experience in building and deploying cloud solutions (AWS preferred),
- Knowledge of all or parts of the following domain :
- Hadoop ecosystem (Apache/Cloudera/Hortonworks distributions - HDFS, Spark, Sqoop, YARN, Mesos, Hive, Impala, etc.),
- SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, Cassandra, HBase, etc.),
- Linux systems (RHEL or CentOS preferred),
- Big Data querying tools, such as Hive, Impala, AWS Athena, etc.
- AWS Ecosystem - our platform is deployed on AWS,
- CI/CD and test-driven development,
- Agile/Scrum and DevOps cultures
- Streaming analytics, real-time processing and ingestion systems, using solutions such as Storm, Spark-Streaming, AWS Lambda, etc.,
- Ability to custom back-end solutions and applications built on top of the core platform (front-end),
- Ability to design efficient and robust ETL workflows,
- Curiosity & team player attitude, keen to be developed and develop others,
- Advanced level of English, French would be a plus.