Description de l'offre
Référence du poste:
France, Issy Les MoulineauxCatégorie du poste:
Core Services EngineeringProduit: Service:
Core Services Engineering
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) enables high-impact organizations and developer communities to achieve more and drive the value of our intelligent cloud and edge. We are hiring a Software Engineering Leader with deep experience and expertise designing and delivering commercially-competitive software using modern software engineering practices and cloud technologies. The leader will manage an organization of developers and program managers to deliver the most leading-edge applications and solutions in partnership with high-impact customers, partners, startups and developer communities.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
In this role, you would be responsible for:
•      Working with high-impact companies (customers, partners) and communities to identify key business and technology opportunities and help those partners achieve more by bringing in software engineering teams to partner on addressing those challenges.
•      Manage and grow teams of talented software engineers and program managers that develop and deploy highly visible, scalable, reliable, commercially viable solutions leveraging our cloud
•      Drive the ongoing technical upskilling of the team by identifying and leading adoption of software engineering best practices and effective architectural approaches. Review and ensure the team delivers high quality technical output.   Build the team’s software engineering credibility and their influence skills.
•      Participate in Digital Win Room engagements resulting in higher CPE and platform adoption
•      Drive early technology programs by working with innovative companies to adopt key emerging capabilities of the Microsoft platform, to create code and capture learnings to enable scaling the technology through developer communities and win the mindshare of startups and deeper engagement with top CS universities
•      Work closely with the Microsoft engineering groups to provide feedback to influence the future product roadmap.
•      Deliver ongoing market and competitive insights in collaboration with Microsoft business groups.
•      Demonstrate executive leadership by participating in the Area Leadership Team to shape the technology roadmap, and communicate business strategy and goals and how they align to the area work - and then deliver.
•      Plan the team’s work to achieve goals & respond effectively to changing priorities while maintaining team health and strong results.
•      Anticipates the future technical needs, industry trends and opportunities of the market and guides the organization to deliver and grow innovative solutions through customers, partners, developers
Who We Are Looking For
•      Minimum of 10 years of experience leading software engineering teams and shipping commercially-competitive software or services
•      Demonstrated deep experience as a software developer using cloud computing technologies, and modern application development practice to deliver commercially viable software,
•      Strong business acumen and track record of build technical and business relationships with senior executives across Microsoft engineering, marketing and sales team to deliver our platform priorities
•      Demonstrated track-record of thought leadership, influence and contribution within developer communities.
•      Great communication and presentation skills including public speaking at industry events
•      Exceptional leadership, people management, and decision-making skills as well as community building capability.
•      An entrepreneurial mind-set which fosters an environment of creativity and inspires innovation and risk taking
•      BS, BA, or MS Computer Science Degree / Masters in Computer Science required
•      Fluency in English and demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively with other executives, employees, partners, and communities.
•      In the region of 40% travel, incl. International travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.