Description de l'offre
With over 28,000 staff in more than 310 laboratories across 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
Eurofins is currently accelerating the deployment of standard processes across its Laboratories. A key aspect is related to its Information Systems (EurIS) in which the central and regional web-based Marketing & Offer applications ComLIMS are essentials.
In this context of growth, we are hiring for a position of .Net Software Developer - position based in Brussels.
The main objective of this position is to join the ComLIMS Development Team in Brussels(fourteen persons on top of off-shore teams) to support both technical evolutions and better business needs coverage on select ComLIMS functions.
ComLIMS leverages UML modelisation, recent Microsoft technologies (Visual Studio 2012/2015, ASP.NET Mvc, C#, and MS SQL Server) and a few SOA Integration patterns (REST, ESB/messaging).
The candidate is expected to:
- Act as Development Project Manager and/or ScrumMaster, with a Scrum team of 2 to 5 developers/testers.
- Contribute to the delivery of high quality ComLIMS software by oneself and together with the team (design, code, tests, etc.),
- Embrace anytime high quality engineering and guidelines of the target solutions,
- Embrace Agile practices (Scrum, etc.) and well-known modelisation practices (UML)
- Develop working relationships within the wider Eurofins IT community and with select Eurofins user groups.
SPECIFIC ASSIGNMENTS :
- Lead consecutively development projects of various sizes (weeks.men to year.men) and drive the Scrum team toward qualitative and quantitative successes. Leverage good communication skills and ideally some Scrum experience.
- Contribute to the design, development, troubleshooting, tests and documentation of select ComLIMS functions, at appropriate quality levels, and timely. Leverage technical appetite, open mind and significant experience in development.
- Use sound software engineering practices and state-of-art development methodologies – so-called Agile – so as to ensure superior quality.
OTHER ASSIGNMENTS :
- Ensure follow-up to his Team Manager on a regular basis and as often as requested.
- Acquire rapidly a working knowledge of Eurofins EurIS systems, starting with ComLIMS, underlying concepts and models, as well as the processes and practices of the team.
- Deepen that knowledge on a continuous basis, guided by the most pressing needs of assigned functions.
- Develop appropriate working relationships with IT and non-IT target groups in Eurofins.
Engineering Degree or equivalent in IT Software Development curriculum is required.
At least a first experience in equivalent positions (1 to 3 years ideally). We aim to keep a junior/medior mindset.
English (fluent) required
French appreciated but not mandatory
- Strong appetite for technical matters, taste to work in a skilled and dynamic IT team applying Agile methodology.
- Good communication and interpersonal relation skills in an international environment.
- Good learning curve for technical matters, as well as wishes to discover, applies and enhances processes and practices of the team.
- At ease with distant communications leveraging a wide array of technologies (shared code, documents and forums, phone, chat, e-mail).
- Real background in Software Development is required.
- Real background in Object-Oriented design, programming is required
- Knowledge of C# / .NET is required.
- Experience with Asp.Net and Unit Testing would be a plus.
- Experience with UML for analyzes or design (such as Classes diagram) is a plus.
- Experience with SQL databases is a plus.
- Working knowledge of REST, JSON, XML, Web Services or message oriented middleware is a plus.
- Background or experience in Agile methodology / Scrum (mainstream or organization specific) would be a plus.
Job Type: Full-time