Description de l'offre
This role is based in Paris, France.
The DC Cluster Operations Manager is responsible for one or more Amazon Web Services (AWS) Datacenter Clusters and PoP-scale deployments within an assigned region in mainland Europe. It is the senior Infrastructure Operations role within the region and has managerial responsibility for safety, security, availability, scaling, and efficiency.
The Infrastructure Operations organizations are composed of four functions: Compute Operations, Engineering Operations, Logistics, and Security.
- Compute operations focuses on the server-level platforms that support both Amazon Retail and Amazon Web Services.
- Engineering Operations focuses the mechanical, electrical, and controls systems that support our datacenter critical environments.
- Logistics Operations executes materials planning and control to support both on-going operations and expansions.
- Security Operations is charged with the physical security of our people, assets, and customer data. The Regional Infrastructure Operations Leader must manage across the disparate functions but also have the ability to dive deep into any given function as needed.
The Regional Infrastructure Operations Manager is a key role in the management team that is operating and scaling the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure. We encounter interesting, challenging and complex problems every day.
As a technical manager in Amazon you can innovate to solve these issues and help drive operations excellence in all areas of your role. You will have the ability to refine and develop processes to optimize operational excellence in every aspect of your role. You must also have a passion for technology along with a desire to achieve best-in-the-world operational performance.
- Hiring, managing, and developing the operations management team including compute operations managers, engineering operations managers, logistics operations managers, and security operations managers.
- Attainment of organizational performance goals and objectives relating to safety, security, availability, scaling, and efficiency.
- Planning and executing the Infrastructure Operations component of new AWS datacenter build outs, new colo build-outs, AWS datacenter expansions, and colo expansions, including server hardware install, troubleshooting and repair, security system install, troubleshooting and repair, and related Operations tasks.
- Operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and controls systems for Amazon datacenters to include preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and change management.
- Vendor management of colocation datacenter services providers to meet or exceed contracted performance SLA’s.
- Safety, security, and availability incident response, incident management, and incident resolution.
- Continuous improvement of operational processes, procedures, methods, and tools.
• Bachelor's or Masters degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field.
• 10+ years of relevant management experience in datacenter operations, facility engineering operations, information technology critical environment facilities, advanced high volume manufactoring, datacenter build-outs and scaling, or similar.
. Solid experience managing managers and senior tech workforce
• Demonstrated track record in delivering complex projects.
• Proven ability to hire, develop, and manage high-performing technical teams.
• Prior ownership of the operation of a mission-critical team and/or product.
• Ability to operate independently as a manager of a geographically distributed Infrastructure Operations management team.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Masters Degree in Engineering, Technology Management, Business Administration, or related field.
• Expertise in one or more continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma.
• Experience managing software development or operational implementation of software tools.
• Technical project manager or member of a project team for a new datacenter build out and start up.
• Deep knowledge of information technology infrastructure domains such as compute server platforms, storage server platforms, server components, network devices, technologies and architectures, IT service delivery principles and best practices.